Swim and Dive meets would not be possible without parent volunteers. Parents are needed at home and away meets. The success of our team depends on the involvement of all parents, and the coaches and team appreciate your support. The jobs are easy, and working the meets really helps the time fly! Here are job descriptions:
- Swimming volunteers:
- Timer – 2 timers per lane use a stopwatch and record the times of each race.
- Runner – Runners pick up the cards from the timers after times are written down and bring them to the scoring table.
- Diving volunteers:
- Diving announcer – announce the divers names and their dives
- Diving judge – score the dives for both teams
- Both Swim & Dive Volunteers:
- Scoring – Enter scores/times into the computer
- Verifier – Verify scores (proofread) after they have been entered into the computer
- Concession Stand:
At home meets, volunteers are needed to help sell food and drinks to the attendees. Concessions raise money to offset our team expenses. These volunteers report to our volunteer head of concessions that purchases and sets up the items for sale with the help of meet volunteers.
Other volunteer opportunities include Taste of Norcross, the social committee, meet management – which involves learning how to set up and take down the timing equipment (training required), and computer operation – which involves running the Hy-Tek meet management software (training required).